LPG Cylinder plant & distribution & consumer delivery\pickup tracking solution
Optimize asset usage
End-to-end Solution for LPG Cylinder Filling, Management, Tracking, Logistics, and Consumer fulfilment
Know your consumer via your cylinder! Know where your cylinder is! LPG cylinder business is all about customer service. Providing ease of use to your consumer to interact with you and order for refills and get excellent service is of paramount importance. Consumer is connected 24 x 7 via smart phone.
Nobody wants to call and wait for customer service to respond and nobody wants to listen to made up excuses for bad performance. More and more consumer interaction are via self-help using smart phone.
Automate data acquisition with integration of RFID technology that provides non-fake able identity and lays the foundation of accurate quality data. Empowers user with intelligent actionable data at point of use for perfect consumer request fulfilment.
LPG cylinder gas filling and distribution is an extensive consumer business. Consumer is using the technology 24x 7 with the use of smart phone. Consumer has become more demanding and want transparency in price and delivery for services and goods they are buying. Everyone wants answers. Consumer is now outspoken and is giving feedback and the company. The company has to implement a solution that is quickly able to provide the platform to the consumer for this interaction.
On the other hand, companies make huge investment in this key returnable asset that is critical to their success. Typically for every dollar invested in the asset, a company needs to recoup 25 percent annually of the cost of the cylinder to cover its depreciation, interest, usability, and maintenance. To survive and thrive, full asset utilization and visibility throughout the rotation cycle are critical. Full-proof tracking becomes essential. Cylinder usability- safety and operational status for appropriate use, Cylinder visibility – tracking and tracing its availability and location at any given time is critical and have direct impact on business productivity and the bottom-line.
Most errors are made during delivery wrong cylinder delivered to wrong customer with possible wrong valve type or pressure makes cylinder worthless. No actionable data available to the logistics team – including valve detail, test due, cylinder recall, and customer outstanding. If physical damage data is collected, no mechanism is in place to transmit it automatically to operations at the plant in order to embargo cylinder for service.
Ultimately, lack of up-to-date data results in the inability to easily locate assets and in the lack of readily available information about an asset’s operational status when it is most needed.
- Increased operation time and lost productivity due to cylinder identification issues.
- Loss of cylinders from improper identification directly negates your bottom line.
- Underutilization of cylinders due to inefficient and inaccurate tracking methods.
- Inability to isolate cylinders due for scheduled maintenance and testing.
- Safety of one and all is impacted as cylinders are not tested when required.
- Difficulty in reading cylinder number: missing – illegible – poor lighting – non-readable bar code.
- Human error in reading and writing cylinder numbers, including number transposition errors.
- Time inefficiencies reconciling discrepancies in customer’s and company’s cylinder holding records.
- Inability to identify when and where of cylinder damage and attribute it to a customer.
- Cylinder asset management, audit, and periodic census is time consuming and difficult, resulting in an inability to locate individual cylinders.
Cylinders run into hundreds of thousands. The bar code is not effective as it needs line of sight and read cannot be automated. A series of UHF RFID Fixed readers are set up to capture the processing of receiving, filling, and issue. Company utilizes distribution network of distributors and dealers. Registered consumer refill requests may be received via web, phone, or mobile app. Refill request is routed to appropriate dealer. Dealer interacts with consumer to deliver and pickup cylinders.
The Solution covers all aspects of the cylinder business including Receipt, Filling, Issue, Logistics, Delivery, Pickup, Testing, Service, and consumer fulfilment. The Solution uses multiple new proven technologies that powers enterprise to manage multiple locations from everywhere, any time, any from multiple devices. The Solution is comprehensive, incorporates good manufacturing practice, prudent information governance, and offers rich dynamic on-line reports, that empowers you to proactively manage your assets and apply timely controls.
- Trust your data – Integrated with non-fakeable RFID identity for accurate and faster data acquisition and increase in productivity.
- Traceability – end-to-end asset visibility with geo location eliminates fake assets and asset loss.
- Usability – Supply of the right product, to the right customer, in timely manner.
- Focus on safety of one and all – identify asset that are out of certification, physically damaged, under quarantine, or not fit for use.
- Standardized processes eliminate inconsistent practices – Validated processes with timely controls with good manufacturing practice. And prudent information governance.
- 24/7 access to on-line information – Know where your assets are.
- Simple, intuitive, and powerful interface – Eliminates extensive training.